July 2014 Dividends

July was another decent month as the dividends roll in.  My goal is to increase these to a point where I can start focusing on the more important things in life.  I dream of spending time with my kids and their kids playing games, working on hobbies and even getting them into donating their time to charity.



Currently I am not even close to that point but that is why I am in it for the long haul.  Month after month I try to plow as much capital into the dividend machine.  It rewards me little by little.  For July the reward was $155.22 to my taxable portfolio and $129.41 in my IRA.  This totals to $284.63 and is a 273% increase over last July.  This is mostly associated with my roll over from my previous job's 401k into an IRA.  Since this was pre-tax dollars it will be staying in the IRA for the foreseeable future.

On a side note my "bonus" was delivered into my ShareBuilder account this month as well.  For opening up an IRA with my 401k they kicked me an extra $200 dollars.  Not bad (and taxes won't be bad either.)

Did the machine reward you with a year over year increase?

Comments

  1. Great progress! Are most of your investments in the IRA? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Henry. Yep must are in that IRA. I really didn't put much into my taxable account until this year. It is about 5/6 of my savings.

      Delete
  2. Hi DFG,
    Over $250 in income is a great result, and if your portfolio is anything like mine then July is one of the lower months for dividend income because of how the payments align..
    Keep up the great work!
    Best wishes,
    -DL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DL,
      So far it has been one of my better months. I think in my graph February was under $2 bucks so that was my lowest. Regardless as long as each month keeps increasing year over year I am happy. It is a sign to me I am on the right path.

      Delete
  3. You're making great progress. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouragement Tawcan. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will Dividends Teach My Kids to Work Hard?

What to write about when you have no money to invest?

August 2014 Budget

Investment Disclaimer

This webpage is provided for general information only and nothing contained in the material constitutes a recommendation for the purchase or sale of any security. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at dividendfamilyguy at gmail dot com.